Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Educated , Really ???


*This post is based on my views . No intention to hurt others or others views. I am responsible for what I say and you are respnsible for  what you read and  what you understand! No one to blame *

The intro looks scarey ah :P

Well, few years ago, some of my friends and I would go to tutions. There is a temple on the way.
Firend  A insited to go to temple. All of us instinctly agreed and immediately other friend B said she will not come to temple. I didn't understand what she meant and I continued. 'A' immediately said to her that 'Its ok B, Your GOD  will not punish you if you step into temple'(thats when I understood the actual reason).
B refused and she moved to her place. I dont remeber if we went to temple or even we headed to our respective houses.  But this incident is stuck in my mind for so long that I will never forget .Evey time I visit temple, church or when I hear 4.50Am Namaz from the near by Mosque , I am reminded of this incident.

And guess what, this I have observed in educated people. They have their own reasons and theory to support such act. What are we educated for ?? Why is that religion and its siblings still exists in younger minds. Parents dont teach to their kids that all gods are same with different size , shape and language.

Whose mistake is this??
aahh... Can we call such people virually educated?? Who only knows how to earn money, say something to kids, bring them up , follow things blindly and die ??


3 comments:

Jeevan said...

All children follow their parents and continue the practice, but some without stopping at a point to think back and realize what they believe is right or wrong and they truly agree with such acts.

Even the education needs a certificate of religion and its siblings to learn something, then how could an educated will behave?

Rahul Bhatia said...

A thoughtful post Ramya!The values taught at home stay a life time till we are open to accept more viewpoints.

Ramya Ranganathan said...

@Jeevan : True !! When education demands, then no point discussing this topic..!!

@Rahul : Rightly said! Home is where the change begins...