Sunday, October 23, 2011

Recent Observation...

I have been reading a lot of blogs randomly and I noticed two things... I might be completely wrong..but this is my observation!!

# Indians who are living abroad write blogs frequently .
# people who write food blogs are usually Indians in the foreign countries. Almost all the blogs that I read belong to this category.

Ok..now nothing personal. Just a comparison !

Its ok to write anything and everything as far as some would read and say good, bad , ugly , such a waste of time... whatever might be their comment, we made others read and that's an achievement :):)

10 comments:

Insignia said...

Haha, indians outside india miss india more. Maybe thats why.

About your first observation, I have no clue :)

KParthasarathi said...

I am not sure about overseas Indians writing more frequently.But there are too many culinary blogs in the blogworld.One other thing I observed is that youngsters from Kerala particularly girls blog more than other parts.There are not many from Bengal oor Eastern parts.I think Southerners blog more.
This is more an impression than based on facts

RAVISHANKAR said...

Nice Observation.. Might be in the foreign they ll feel lonely and write blogs to quench the thirst of loneliness :) Also they wont get the food as we are having here so might be the reason :) he he

Jeevan said...

I think those write blogs frequently could be those beginners and i guess that Indian in abroad write more means they get to observe and compare things a lot related both countries. I would say, its all about sharing reading blogs :)

Btw. Happy Deepavali Ramya. Hope u enjoy the festival with family and friends.

Ramya Ranganathan said...

@B @Ravi : yes..yes.. even I thought the same..

@ KP : Will start observing this point from now on :)

@Jeevan : A very different perspective..never thought this way :)
Thank you for your wishes !

ashok said...

U r right...from my own experience, look at my blog archive...how much i have written and posted when I was abroad during 2005 & 2006

Rahul Bhatia said...

Good Observation and a nice crisp post..

Ramya Ranganathan said...

@ Ashok & Rahul : Thank you

Ramakrishnan said...

Reached here through blog walking ! Perhaps you are right. But there are plenty of Indians in India too who are frequent bloggers and have nice food blogs :)
Please visit my blog -my latest post: A Kerala Village.
Have a great day.

Ramya Ranganathan said...

@Ram : Thank you for stopping by!