Thursday, November 10, 2011

competition

I am hooked to the T.v and its programs.. Some of the programs are great and there are few which has nothing much to say..

Lot of music competitions are held in various channels There was a time where only one or two channel had this programme and that too only on weekends.But now almost all the channels have them in their daily slot.oh..also ..must say..these programs are much better than serials.

A new season has started for the juniors and man!! Can't they increase the age for the group say from 10 to 14 or even more... I will consider 18 also in this group. The kids of age 6 are also willing to participate.. Good thing.. but at this age, as they are learning something, they must learn it without any pressure..some kids are still learning how to pronounce the words, they are still trying to speak and they are in for competition. Parents I say!!!

I am not complaining or discouraging. Its a good thing where they will not have stage fear , etc etc. Anyway , few years down the line, they will have to face all such competitions in schools , col etc etc. But 6 to 8 or 10 is the time where they will learn everything slowly and in a fun filled environment. But now even their life is changed I guess. Its saddening how, when these kids are rejected, their smile drops instantly and trust me ..some kids take it in a +ve attitude while some kids are still not that matured.As a viewer sometimes I end up changing the channel just to avoid this scene.

Must appreciate the judges who handle all these kids so well.

Now everything has name and fame attached to it. Kids this generation face a lot of pressure than the kids of previous generation.

12 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

The kids have lots of opportunities to show their talent and hone their skills by comparing with other children.I find many have immense talent.
I agree with you that it makes not only the young ones who are rejected sad but even viewers.But then these should help steel themselves to face tough competition

RAVISHANKAR said...

It is nice for the kids to learn many things and i am astonished by their braveness to fight against the odds to participate in the competition. They will be bit bad as not all kids are having the positive attitude.. but still the iron can be moulded only at very high temperature and it will mould them into a stronger personal rather than us who are bit weak in it :) :)

Jeevan said...

Absolutely right ramya! More than addict to series the music programs are better and what I really hate about these music programs are instead to encouraging it almost disappoints the kids and to increase their TRPs rate they put them in tears. In the name of judges, their attitudes are too much to behold and acting like the only genius is hard for me to tolerate.

Today’s kids are not alike before and I could see the innocent missing a lot in them and growing fast to learn things that are not right for their age of mind. Being talent is something should not disturb their childhood because these are the moments going to add sweetness for their remaining years and whatever might be waiting for them ahead to challenge once childhood gone it never comes back, because these are the moments going bring smile and happiness later we grow to think. :)

Ramya Ranganathan said...

@KP & Ravi: True and agreed !

@Jeevan : Yes Jeevan, their TRP ratings.. and other dramas.. and yes.. kids these days love speed in everything they do :) and so do parents!

Rahul Bhatia said...

Ramya, a nice post and could not agree more!I think children need not be pushed into such competitions so early as they have all the life to learn to compete. Nature does not make flowers overnight... they are buds before they bloom into flowers

Ramya Ranganathan said...

@ Rahul : Thank you! Nature does not make flowers overnight... they are buds before they bloom into flowers.. amazing statement :)

@ashok : Thank you :)

Ramakrishnan said...

Modern day kids grow up in a pressure situation. Hence many are able handle pressure boldly and confidently.

chitra said...

Ramya, I also agree there are lot opportunities for children to express their talent but undue pressure comes from parents to perform because the prize money is huge and these kind of things certainly would have an adverse effect on many . Do not know what happens to education as I have heard many miss out a year to be in the competition.

Urmi said...

During my childhood I can fairly remember if I ever participated in any competition as the opportunity was not there but in this present scenario due to hundreds of television channels the kids are getting ample of opportunities to participate in various competition and I feel that the children are very smart and get good knowledge from television. Wonderful post.

Preeti Shenoy said...

I don't watch TV at all! :)
and i think making such young kids perform and then grading them is AWFUL and a terrible thing to do to their childhood.
It is truly raping their innocence and turning them into performing monkeys!

Glad my post made you break your vow of silence :D

Regards
Preeti

Ramya Ranganathan said...

@RamaKrishnan : yes yes... but why give them a pressured situation like this ?? :)

@chitra : what more to say!

@babli : valid point and agreed..

@preethi : thank you so much for stopping by!!!

exactly..
yes.. reading your posts and got to know that you don;t watch t.v ... :)

Padhu Sankar said...

I do not support kids participating in reality shows .I agree with Rahul
Bhatia .Kids should not be put under so much pressure -they should enjoy their childhood.