I chose a beautiful saree and was just standing for them to arrive.As I heard the voices closer.. i began wondering why on earth I have grown old enough to get married.But I convinced myself and agreed for everything what my parents said.
I didn't speak to him when he first came to me see me (nothing that I am shy n all ... I was rather scared and was so much worried that I will not be single anymore.
Some how things worked between the two families and they arranged for an engagement with some the close friends and so called relatives(oopss..sorry for the word so called.I always prefix them to the word relative).
The marriage date was fixed.We had exactly 4 months time to get to know each other.Phone calls,chats,sms.We did utilize the technologies pretty well.Just got to know the very basic character of the person ( you see... A life time is not enough to understand a person completely.There is always two different souls within us.We just change the facet according to the situation)
Then came the d day.I didn't sleep for many hours thinking about have I made the right decision.There is no running way.No matter how bad it is I have to accept it.Lots of discussion between mind and heart.They finally early morning around 4.30 I get ready for my nalangu and late I change my saree and I am all set for the muhurtham.There it is..few seconds away..I lose the title of being a daughter and I am now declared as wife.
I enter into a house where everyone in their family (now mine too ) greets me with full of life.There I get a private space..my so called room.I just tell him hesitatingly "NOT NOW.. please ..I need some time!! ".He smiled..said its absolutely fine and we spoke for a loooong time and slept.
I was in my labor room.I saw him cry for me.I never told him the pain I was going through.But he could sense what I was going through.He asked the docs to do what ever necessary so that I am not under risk.He came over in spite of doctors not letting him in.As he kissed me he said love you.:)
No comments:
Post a Comment