Today morning as ususal we were sitting in the class. Our tutor entered and few girls gave him flowers and a portrait of him.As I was sitting in the last , could not understand why exactly they greeted him.
But as I wrote the date, I realized.Sep 5th. Teachers day!!
He was so happy.He is working for an MNC and teaching.I was totally in my world from then on.
We were running a school named "Jaya Bharath Nursery School"( I love this name) from KG to 5th in native.Most of my primary vacations I spent in this place seeing how teachers treat the children and myself and my sis teaching some kids ABCD, tamilz a aa e ee. Here is where for the first time I saw before lunch they say a prayer and then start their lunch and after school they say "bye miss" individually to every teacher.
The school life in a village was entirely different.Only few students will were shoes and tie others will come either bare foot or with slippers.And pencils and erasers were provided by my granny.When asked why, she said its not city or town where parents can afford to buy pencils and erasers every time the kid looses one.Its the duty of the teacher to make sure that she keeps them safe for next day. :0
Every kid had a special attention.And every teacher knew the family background details of every kid who belonged to his/her section.
After 28 yrs , we had to close this school as managing was quite a task.How I wish that function never happened.
I can still hear the prayers said, lunch time , recess time how the kids will run and play.Every single time I by pass the building, I am lost in thoughts.I only remember the blue uniform, shoe and shoeless legs screaming and crying.
Some day, I wish to be a teacher.I am sure I will. The most respectable job.But the sadness is the recognition and pay what primary school teachers get.They are the one who is responsible for creating brigher citizens .
Hope some standardization takes place so that all the teachers will be treated equally.
and to my school teachers, sarojini, geeta, sujatha, devaki, ashok patel,sali,kalpana, bindu,sreelatha , malathi and many more
happy teachers day!!
Edited : : forgot to mention my friends : Jisha who was/is my teacher till my 10th.She is my guide and my math teacher.Ah the group studies, miss those days.
And Shongita, who is completely responsible for my b.tech degree.Without her,I am sure I would not have completed my engineering successfully.
Anu, who is my teacher in real life.I learn so much from this girl apart from subjects.
Thank you so much S,A,J.
7 comments:
Its just so nice to think back and thank our teachers.. After reading your blog, I decided to call a few of my favorite teachers and wish them.. :)
Check this out.. My article on teacher's day! http://kurmacup.blogspot.com/2011/09/happy-teachers-day.html
Hi Badri,
Welcome!
So true.I am happy that you decided to call them and wish them.:)
Nice tribute to your teachers, and great to know you were running a school then.
As u said primary education is very important to a child, which taught them the basic knowledge to learn and understand further studies and life itself. One of my granny is also a retired primary school teacher.
hmm... very true!
An apt post on World Teacher's Day.
I have written a few stories with teacher as subject to bring out thgeir noble qualities.Will give you links later when I have your email ID.
I could see the yeoman service you have done.A teachers profession is the noblest but does not get its due at any rate at the lower levels.
"An understanding heart is everything in a teacher, and cannot be esteemed highly enough. One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feeling. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child." --- Carl Jung
kpartha12@gmail.com
@P very true!
Post a Comment